Green Tea and More...

Eat. Drink. Sleep. Play.
Be Healthy. Be Green.

Friday, July 25, 2008

5 Secrets of Healthy Living


Yes, there really are secrets to healthy living and probably many more than five of them! And yes, toothbrushes like these Preserve Jr. toothbrushes for kids that are made from recycled plastics, do have something to do with it!

1. Brush and Floss Your Teeth Every Day
Healthy teeth seem to correlate to a healthy heart. It has something to do with the type of bacteria. Read more about it.

2. Drink Green Tea
From killing off "superbugs" to protecting skin, green tea is one of those ingredients that just plain good for us. Drink 3 to 4 cups of green tea a day for maximum health benefits. This is a healthy habit I need to work on.

3. Sleep 7 to 8 Hours Every Night
If you're overworked, overtired, and over-stressed, skip the sleeping pills and alcohol and opt for meditation or yoga before bedtime or try a natural sleep solution like Dreamerz. Works for me!

4. Drink 8 Glasses of Water a Day
Great for your body, great for your skin. My water of choice is from a tap that is fitted with a faucet mounted PUR water filter. I'm skeptical about tap water these days with all the estrogenic compounds and whatnot in the water (transgendered fish anyone?) that is not removed by municipal wastewater treatment plants. Not sure my PUR water filter removes it either, so I need to do a little more research on that one. And, when it comes to drinking bottled water, never drink it after it's been sitting in a hot car or in the hot sun. Read more about it.

5. Be Kind to Yourself and to Others
For me, this means getting enough sleep and feeling good. If I'm tired or not feeling well or stressed out I'm a lot more irritable than I should be. Instead of lashing out at others when you're not feeling your best, try a smile. Or, as the saying goes, kill your enemies with kindness--or something like that.



Labels: , ,