Green Tea and More...

Eat. Drink. Sleep. Play.
Be Healthy. Be Green.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

EAT: Power Yogurt with Fruit & Flax Seed Oil


It's Tuesday again! Time for another quick, but nutritious recipe. Today's feature is a tasty treat I like to call Power Yogurt. Power Yogurt can be made with just about any fruit--fresh and in season or frozen. Right now melons are in season but the black raspberries I used were frozen although I did pick them from my personal berry patch last month. I made the yogurt myself (here's how) -- don't worry it's pretty easy.

Add the fruit and yogurt to a bowl. Squeeze a bit of lemon juice over it and a tablespoon or two of flax seed oil (whatever amount you normally use), top it off with a spoonful of honey, mix it around a bit and you're good to go. Add a handful of almonds if you like. Power Yogurt is a healthy choice for breakfast, a mid-morning or late afternoon snack or dessert.
Yummy!

Labels: , , , , , ,